When it comes to cleaning, the bathroom and the kitchen are by far the two most sensitive areas in any house or apartment. Due to the increased risk of being contaminated with various pathogens, these rooms should be sanitized more frequently than the other areas in your home.
Since keeping your bathroom germ-free and looking its best is especially important during the COVID-19 crisis, it’s highly advised that you apply extra elbow grease while cleaning. If work or other obligations prevent you from doing so, consider using professional cleaning services in Metairie.
In an effort to help the good people of Metairie out, we have written a short 7-step guide to in-depth bathroom cleaning. Keep reading to learn how to sanitize your bathroom like an expert!
How do I deep clean my bathroom?
In addition to all the usual things you’d do during a cleaning, a deep bathroom cleaning can also include washing your shower curtains and floor rugs, removing the HVAC vent cover and vacuuming the interior, and cleaning difficult-to-reach areas such as behind the sink.
Here’s how to deep clean a bathroom in 7 steps:
- Step #1: Take everything that isn’t nailed down (toothbrushes, shampoo, shower rugs, etc.) out of the bathroom. This will provide you with easy access to most surfaces.
- Step #2: Dust and vacuum the entire bathroom just as if it was any other room in your house. If you find any cobwebs, make sure to remove them.
- Step #3: Spray a universal household cleaner on your bathtub or shower, let it sit for a few minutes, then scrub it clean with a cloth or a sponge and give it a good rinse. If the surface is full of soap scum or other buildup, you’ll need to use an acid-based product.
- Step #4: Spray the same cleaner on a microfiber cloth or a sponge and wipe down baseboards, windowsills, doors, blinds, shelves, towel racks, toilet seat cover, the exterior of the washing machine, and other surfaces.
- Step #5: Take everything out of the vanity cabinet and wipe it down inside and out. Spray the mirror and the windows with a glass cleaner and wipe them down. Loosen the soap buildup in the soap dish and the sink with a scrubby sponge and wipe it clean.
- Step #6: Spray bleach around the inside of the toilet bowl and let it sit for half an hour, then flush. Then, get a toilet cleaner and use it to clean the interior of the bowl. In case of excessive buildup, use a toilet brush to scrub it clean.
- Step #7: Finish by thoroughly mopping the floor.
How can I clean my bathroom fast?
Your goal should be to minimize the amount of dirt that gets in your bathroom in the first place. This will not only make your cleanings take less time and effort, it’ll also keep your bathroom more sanitary overall.
Consider doing some or all of the following:
- Install a hair-catcher in your shower or bathtub drain
- Keep a hand-held vacuum in the bathroom and use it to quickly pick up debris and hair on a daily basis
- Avoid clutter by getting a bin or a basket and storing smaller items in it
- Frequently cleaning the shower walls with a squeegee will prevent water marks from forming
Where can I schedule first-rate cleaning services in Metairie?
Between working a full-time job and taking care of kids, most Americans are simply too busy to regularly disinfect their kitchens or keep their bedrooms in tiptop shape at all times. If you need help cleaning your living room, bathroom, or any other area of your home, don’t hesitate to contact Geaux Maids of Metairie!
We’ll gladly give you the gift of a squeaky clean house while you deal with your other responsibilities or take your kids to the Delta Playground. Book our services today!