Throwing a party at your house is an excellent way to celebrate an important life event or a holiday such as New Year’s Eve. It’s cheaper than renting a venue, it gives you full control over who’s invited, and it feels more relaxed and intimate. And best of all, you won’t have to worry about getting home afterwards!
What you’ll have to worry about, however, is cleaning your home after the guests have left. This is harder than you think: parties tend to create the sort of mess you rarely see in your day-to-day life, even if . Even if your guests are extremely well-behaved, you’ll likely still need the help of an expert housekeeper in Baton Rouge, LA to clean up after a large party.
In this article, we’ll give you a helpful party cleaning checklist that will help you get your place back into a pristine state after a messy kids’ birthday or a wild get-together. Keep reading to learn more.
What do you do after a party?
First off, don’t panic! You may be shocked by the state your home is in, and demoralized by the huge amount of cleaning you’ll have to do, especially if it involves cleaning the carpets. Sit down, have a cup of coffee, gather your cleaning supplies in an easy-to-carry basket, and get ready to spend a few hours cleaning.
If you can’t spare so much time, or if you’re too tired or hungover to give it the attention it needs, it’s best to outsource the cleaning to a reputable cleaning company. Use your newfound free time to go outside and enjoy some fresh air at, for example, the LSU Hilltop Arboretum.
How to clean up after a party?
A typical post-party cleaning falls somewhere between a standard cleaning and a deep cleaning. In addition to regular tidying up, you’ll likely have to deal with some stubborn stains and reach into nooks and crannies to remove food crumbs and the like. You’ll also want to get the dog and kids out of the way.
Here’s a tried-and-true post-party cleaning checklist:
- Deal with the glaring problems (sticky floors, broken glass, spilled food, etc.) first,
- Collect glasses, platters, ashtrays, etc., and put them in the dishwasher,
- Gather bottles and cans (don’t forget to empty them before throwing them away),
- Thoroughly vacuum and mop the floors and carpets,
- Check under the furniture for food crumbs, bits of dirt, and so on,
- Clean the counters, tabletops, shelves, etc.,
- Throw dirty table sheets, furniture covers, curtains, etc., into the washing machine,
- Address any stains,
- Clean and disinfect toilets, sinks, and faucets,
- If you had any sleepover guests, change the sheets they used and make the beds.
How do you clean sticky floors after a party?
Beer, wine, sugary drinks, and some types of food tend to leave sticky stains that collect more dust and grime even after you’ve vacuumed and mopped them. Luckily for you, you can solve this problem using common household supplies.
Do the following:
- Fill a bucket with water,
- Add a cup of white vinegar,
- Use this solution to rinse the floor,
- Let the floor air dry (or dry it with old towels or rags),
- Repeat this process as many times as it takes to fully remove the stickiness.
Where can I hire the top housekeeper Baton Rouge LA can offer?
Cleaning a home that’s covered in dirt, glitter, confetti, food and drink spills, and other telltale signs of a large party is one of the most difficult and time-consuming types of cleaning there is. Unless you have a lot of time and energy to devote to cleaning, your best choice is to contact the professionals
Geaux Maids of Baton Rouge offers second-to-none cleaning services that come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and rely on flat rates that ensure you know exactly what you’re getting. Book your cleaning today. We’ll take care of the mess in no time!