So you’ve found a cozy new place, signed the lease, and completed your dealings with your previous landlord. You’ve packed your stuff, arranged for a moving company, and now all that’s left is to ensure you move into a spotless new home.
Some people prefer to do their move in cleaning themselves, but the reality is that you’re going to be too strapped for time and stressed out to truly give your new place the cleaning it deserves. That’s where professional move in & move out cleaning services in Lafayette LA come in. By letting the pros do what they do best, you’ll be able to focus on ensuring the move itself goes off without a hitch.
Last month, we wrote at length about the ins and outs of move out cleaning and explained what your landlord can charge you with. Now we’ll focus on the other side of the medal: move in cleaning. Read on to learn more.
How clean should an apartment be before moving in?
It should be absolutely pristine. The last thing you want is to spend an entire day transporting your family and your belongings, only to realize you’ll need to give your new house a thorough mopping and scrubbing before you can unpack.
Other important reasons to give your new place an in-depth move-in cleaning include:
- It’s healthier. No matter how nice your new landlord or previous tenants may seem, you can never know how (un)hygienic they truly are. Your new apartment could be harboring all kinds of microbes, parasites, molds, mites, and fungi.
- It makes your life easier. A move in cleaning is similar to a deep cleaning in that it targets deeply ingrained dirt and cleans areas you wouldn’t otherwise be able to reach. It’s a great way to give your new home a lasting freshness.
How do you do a moving in cleaning?
The goal of move in cleaning is to remove any dirt or bacteria leftover from the previous tenants, so it must be thorough. Move in cleaning is even more important if you’re moving into a newly constructed place. This is because new buildings tend to be full of construction dust which is extremely hard to remove using standard cleaning methods.
A tried-and-true move in checklist includes:
- Vacuuming all floors and furniture (if applicable).
- Extensively dusting the whole place.
- Mopping and scrubbing all floors.
- Cleaning and disinfecting all sinks, toilets, bathtubs, showers, etc.
- Cleaning and disinfecting the insides of appliances (fridge, oven, etc.)
- Disinfecting and wiping down all counters.
- Cleaning doors.
- Cleaning windows (including frames and sills).
What is the best way to do a move out cleaning?
The goal of a move out cleaning is to leave your previous home as clean as it was when you first entered it. As a tenant, you’re only expected to deal with things that don’t fall under normal wear and tear.
For instance, unless it’s specifically stated otherwise in your lease, you’re not obligated to pay for routine carpet cleaning. That being said, landlords will use any opportunity to hold onto your initial deposit. That’s why it pays to entrust your move out cleaning to a professional maid service.
This not only ensures your landlord will have nothing to complain about, but it also gives you extra free time that you and your loved ones can use to relax at the Vermilionville Historic Village.
Where can I book the premier move out cleaning services in Lafayette LA?
As a second-to-none cleaning company in Louisiana, Geaux Maids of Lafayette can ensure your family exits a squeaky clean old home and enters a truly spotless new one. Between our expertise and our amazing client happiness guarantee, you’ll definitely get the full value of your money.
Reach out to us today. We’ll happily make your big moving day that much easier.