It won’t come as a surprise to anyone that a professional maid service in Lafayette can achieve a far higher standard of cleanliness than the average homeowner can. But what’s their secret? How can professional maids clean so quickly and effectively?
We’re glad you asked! In the following article, we’ll explain what professional home cleaning checklists are and what they’re used for, and how services offered by cleaning companies are able to produce such impressive results. Read on.
How do I clean everything in my house?
The answer to this question depends on what exactly you have in mind. If you just want to tidy up the clutter, and get rid of all the dust and the more obvious stains, a standard cleaning will do just fine.
During a standard (or basic) cleaning you should:
- Make all beds.
- Scrub the inside of the microwave.
- Empty the wastebaskets and take out the trash.
- Remove spiderwebs.
- Dust light fixtures and ceiling fans.
- Clean the bathtub or the shower.
- Vacuum and mop the floors.
- Dust woodwork and moldings.
- Dust pictures, photos, clocks, and other wall-mounted decorations.
- Vacuum the carpets.
- Clean bathroom fixtures and counters.
- Wash the stove-top.
- Dust window blinds and sills.
- Vacuum the stairwells.
- Dust kitchen appliances.
- Dust, vacuum, and polish all furniture.
- Scrub and disinfect all sinks.
That being said, if you’re really serious about completely cleaning your house, a basic cleaning checklist like this just won’t be enough. What you need is a deep cleaning.
What is deep cleaning and what does it do?
Also called spring cleaning, deep cleaning is an extensive cleaning effort that aims to rid your home of the deeply ingrained dirt and to clean areas you don’t normally touch during standard cleaning.
A typical deep cleaning includes:
- Moving large furniture in order to clean the areas underneath or behind it.
- Using powerhouse cleaning products to remove stubborn stains and toxins.
- Washing carpets.
- Sanitizing wastebaskets, garbage cans, and recycle bins.
- Cleaning furniture undersides.
- Removing and washing HVAC covers.
- Cleaning out the aerators.
- De-scaling showerheads and faucets.
- Using stepladders to clean difficult-to-reach areas.
Remember to use ISSA-approved cleaning products to avoid damaging your belongings or introducing dangerous chemicals that may harm you or your loved ones. If you’re unsure about this, the safest course of action is to hire a reliable cleaning company to perform your deep cleaning for you.
When cleaning a house where do you start?
No two houses are the same, so it’s impossible to give a clear answer to this question. It’s best to take a step back and devise a plan. Start at one end of the house and move inward. Finish cleaning one floor before you move on to the next.
For example, if your living room is connected to the kitchen and the laundry room, first clear the laundry room, then progress to the living room, then the kitchen. This way you don’t have to carry heavy cleaning supplies around more than is absolutely necessary, and the cleaning goes faster.
What’s the most reputable maid service in Lafayette?
There are many uncertain things in life, but luckily, finding trusted maid services in Lafayette isn’t one of them. Ask anyone, and they’ll tell you that Geaux Maids of Lafayette is by far the city’s finest cleaning company.
Between our hassle-free online booking system, our 100% client satisfaction guarantee, and our thoroughly screened and background and reference-checked cleaning superstars, you’d be hard-pressed to find a better cleaning company.Book a cleaning with us today and enjoy your newfound free time. Take a pleasant walk, or visit the wonderful Acadian Cultural Center while we deal with the mess. We can’t wait to give you the gift of a squeaky clean home.