Keeping your home pristine is more than just a question of aesthetics. A clean and disinfected house is critical for both your physical and mental wellbeing, and during these uncertain times it’s your most reliable defense against coronavirus.
Unfortunately, no matter how thorough your weekly cleaning and disinfection efforts might be, there are some surfaces in your home that they simply can’t clean properly. To make matters worse, the most dangerous germs and allergens tend to be found in stubborn stains and hard-to-reach areas.
Whether you do it on your own, or you hire a professional Baton Rouge deep cleaning service, you need to make sure your place gets an extensive deep cleaning. In addition to making your home truly spotless, this type of cleaning is also a superb way to protect your family from COVID-19. Keep reading to learn more.
What is included in a deep house cleaning?
Also known as spring cleaning, deep cleaning is the most extensive cleaning that a residential property can get. As such, it often lasts a lot longer than a regular cleaning (it may even take an entire weekend), and requires a lot more effort to be done correctly.
Every deep cleaning should include the following:
- Standard cleaning. Your home needs to be mopped, vacuumed, dusted, decluttered, and generally tidied up, just as it would be during a regular weekly cleaning. Don’t forget to wash the dishes and disinfect frequently-touched items such as handles, doorknobs, and light switches.
- Cleaning hard-to-reach areas. Light fixtures, tall shelves, tops of closets (and other big furniture), air conditioners, ceiling fans, and anything else that you wouldn’t normally be able to reach during a regular cleaning.
- Moving furniture. The only way to clean the surfaces under and behind your couches, work desks, cabinets, and other large furniture is to move the furniture or at least lift it up for a bit. Grime also tends to gather on the undersides of chairs and even on table legs.
- In-depth kitchen cleaning. You’ll need to empty out the fridge and the cabinets, and clean and disinfect both their interior and exterior. If you don’t have a self-cleaning oven, you’ll have to clean and disinfect that as well.
- Extensive bathroom cleaning. Empty out the cabinets in the bathroom, and clean their interiors and exteriors. Clean behind the washing machine and the toilet bowl. Wash the bathroom rugs and the shower curtains.
- Dust the plants. Both real and plastic plants tend to gather dust like there’s no tomorrow. Grab a damp cloth and wipe them clean.
- Have your carpets cleaned. If your carpets haven’t been washed in a while, now is a good time to take them to the cleaners, or wash them yourself using an appropriate carpet shampoo.
- Clean the ducts. Remove the coverings from the air ducts in your bathroom and other areas, and clean the ventilation fan and remove as much of the accumulated dirt as you can.
Where can I book the most dependable Baton Rouge deep cleaning service?
We’re all looking forward to the day when the COVID-19 crisis will be resolved and we’ll once more be able to visit public places such as the Baton Rouge Gallery. Until that day comes, we have no choice but to stay put and practice social distancing.
At Geaux Maids of Baton Rouge, we’d like to make lockdown a little easier for you by taking on your cleaning responsibilities. As the top provider of residential cleaning services in Louisiana, we have everything you could ever look for in a cleaning company. Book your deep cleaning today and enjoy our 100% happiness satisfaction guarantee.