With the possible exception of the kitchen, bathroom cleaning is the most important type of home cleaning there is. Keeping your bathroom spotless is necessary if you want to make sure you and your loved ones attend to your hygiene in a healthy environment.
We’d even go so far as to say that ensuring your shower is pristine is as important (if not more so) as keeping your toilet clean. Not only does a dirty shower pose a serious threat to your health, it also makes the entire bathroom look gross and unkempt.
Booking a reputable Baton Rouge maid service is a great way to quickly get your shower cleaned to the highest standard, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t learn how to do it yourself. Keep reading to find out how to solve common shower-cleaning problems.
How do I get rid of grime in the shower?
People rarely think of them that way, but showers are second only to toilet bowls when it comes to the sheer amount of ickiness they come in contact with. Hair, sweat, bits of skin, and the dirt we’re washing off of ourselves all ends up on the shower floor and walls on a daily basis.
Some of this stuff gets flushed down the drain, but some sticks around and merges with soap and shampoo residue. This creates what is colloquially known as “soap scum”. Soap scum starts small, but it will eventually form grimy deposits that look disgusting and are impossible to remove with standard cleaning methods.
Here’s a tried-and-true soap scum removal guide:
- Step #1: Get four cups of white vinegar, four cups of water, and one tablespoon of dishwashing detergent,
- Step #2: Mix these ingredients together and put them in a spray bottle,
- Step #3: Spray this solution on the soap scum and let it sit for a quarter of an hour or so,
- Step #4: Grab a soft bristle brush and scrub at the soap scum,
- Step #5: Give it a good rinse with some hot water,
- Step #6: Thoroughly wipe the area until it’s dry and completely soap scum-free.
How do I clean cloudy shower glass?
No matter how careful you are, some water and shampoo will inevitably splash on your shower screens and walls. This excess moisture will not only promote mold growth, it’ll also cause soap scum to form on your shower screens.
If not removed, this soap scum will eventually make your shower glass look like it was used as a windshield at an off-road racing tournament. Worse, unless you address the problem early on, the grime buildup will make it difficult to fully clean the glass without scratching it.
Here’s how to clean cloudy shower glass:
- Step #1: Make a 50/50 mixture of water and white vinegar, and pour it in a spray bottle,
- Step #2: Spray the glass and let it sit for about 15 minutes,
- Step #3: Grab a clean cloth and use it to wipe the glass.
- Step #4: Repeat steps 1-4 until there’s no more grime left. Avoid getting the vinegar on granite, marble, or natural stone surfaces as it might scratch them.
Where can I book the top Baton Rouge maid service?
If you’re in need of a peerless cleaning company that can restore crystal clearness to your shower doors and rid your shower of ugly-looking soap scum, then look no further than Geaux Maids of Baton Rouge.
As the premier provider of cleaning services in Louisiana, we’re your best choice for all things related to home cleaning. We’ll gladly deal with the mess while you take a refreshing walk near the Horace Wilkinson Bridge area. Book our services today.