As cozy as it may feel to be sealed tight in a warm home during the winter, the reality is that keeping the air in your place fresh is crucial for your health. This is because stale air fosters the spread of harmful dust mites, mold spores, and pet dander that can aggravate respiratory conditions or even cause you to develop allergies.
Unfortunately, simply airing your place isn’t enough to achieve optimal air quality. Proper apartment cleaning in Baton Rouge LA is the only way to remove microbes and toxins. This is especially true during cold months because viruses and bacteria thrive in icy temperatures.
In this article, we’ll help you keep your home free of viruses and allergens by answering a few common questions people have about indoor air quality. Read on to learn more.
How can I tell if my home air quality is bad?
Contamination by construction materials, badly maintained ventilation systems, more time spent indoors, poor air circulation, and the presence of molds and microbes can all cause the air quality in your home to plummet. Worse, these problems are often difficult to detect.
Symptoms caused by bad air quality include:
- Sinus congestion,
- Sneezing and coughing,
- Shortness of breath,
- Allergies and hypersensitivity,
- Nose, eyes, skin, and throat dryness and irritation.
How can I improve the air quality in my home?
Frequently ventilating and cleaning your place are, of course, the tried-and-true ways to ensure the air stays as fresh as the air at the Cohn Arboretum. That being said, there are other things you can do to further improve your indoor air quality.
- Clean out your AC’s filters. Open your AC up, take out the plastic filters, and wash them thoroughly. Once they’re dry, put them back in.
- Clean your clothes and sheets often to curb the spread of dust mites.
- Beeswax candles release negative ions as they burn, making them excellent when it comes to air purification. These ions cause dust, pollen, pollutants, and other nastiness to be pulled into the candles or to fall to the floor where it can be easily vacuumed during a standard cleaning.
- Salt lamps do the same thing beeswax candles do, albeit in a more stylish (and expensive) way.
- Avoid keeping plants indoors, as they foster mold growth and may even trigger allergies with their own pollen.
- Air purifiers are handy little devices that can help combat allergens and other junk in the air.
- Dehumidifiers serve a similar purpose to air purifiers, but they’re more effective at controlling high-moisture areas such as bathrooms and basements.
- Eco-friendly cleaning products are competitively priced nowadays, as well as a lot less likely to contain allergy-inducing particles than regular cleaning supplies.
How to get rid of germs in the air?
The above list should be more than enough to keep airborne germs in check, but of course there are always ways to take your germ-killing to the next level.
Consider doing the following:
- Get a 3-in-1 air purifier equipped with a special germ-destroying filter, a charcoal filter that removes unpleasant smells, and a UV-C light that wipes out airborne viruses and bacteria.
- Get an ionizing purifier that plugs into a car’s cigarette lighter. Having good air quality in your car is vital, especially if you go through long commutes each day.
Where can I schedule a top-quality apartment cleaning in Baton Rouge LA?
If you’re in need of first-rate home cleaning services, look no further than Geaux Maids of Baton Rouge. Putting experienced professionals in charge will be a breath of fresh air in more ways than one. Sit back as your favorite new cleaners work their magic to make your home spotless and wholesome. We’re a reputable cleaning company that never leaves a speck of dust behind and no customer unsatisfied. Book our services today and watch as we give your house lasting freshness.