As much as we dislike wasting our time cleaning, we sure love coming back to a clean and cozy home. The good news is that you can make your home fresh and spotless easily and effortlessly. The secret to success is embracing good cleaning habits.
On the one hand, you can hire a professional maid service in Lafayette to take care of your home. On the other hand, you can challenge yourself and do it on your own.Take a look at the following tips and be quick on your way to developing excellent cleaning habits
How to develop a cleaning habit?
Without good habits, clear organization, and swift execution, getting your home spick and span is a tiring prospect. However, being patient is key and taking small steps toward your goal will ensure ultimate success. Explore these tips on adopting cleaning habits.
Create a list list of habits
Here is a list of simple habits to implement. Choose one activity and practice it for at least two or three weeks before you move on to the next one. This will allow enough time for the activity to actually become a part of your daily routine:
- Hang your clothes or put them in the laundry basket immediately
- Wash the dishes immediately after preparing or having a meal, and clean the sink
- Pick up around the house before leaving or going to bed
- Put everything in its place instantly upon using it – have a place for everything
- Make the bed every morning
- Keep surfaces such as desks, counters, and tables clutter-free
While it seems like a lot to be done, remember to take these one by one, in an order that you find most convenient, and allow yourself several months to reach the goal. There’s no need to rush anything, but do bear in mind to be thorough and consistent.
How to deal with each habit
To support your habit development, try to make all these activities a bit easier to perform and remember by doing the following:
- Write down your activities and goals
- Keep a daily log about it, recording if it was a success or not
- Treat yourself for every successful day
- In case you fail, think about the reason of the failure and how to make it right the following day
After several weeks, the activity will become a mere routine for you, and then you’ll be able to move on to the next one. This allows you to gradually enrich your cleaning skill portfolio and become a more effective household cleaning force.
What are bad cleaning habits?
It’s essential you get rid of any bad cleaning habits you might have adopted along the years in order to keep advancing your routine. To eliminate bad habits, take a look some of the most usual:
- Accumulating paper clutter
- Using too much cleaner
- Using dirty tools
- Leaving the dishes in the sink
- Stacking up food in the fridge
- Not making the bed
- Using cleaners without reading the directions
- Using cleaners that are too harsh
- Dusting last
- Wearing your outside shoes inside the house
Where to book excellent maid service in Lafayette?
Whether you’re looking for ways to thoroughly clean your home, or you want to make your cleaning more efficient, or you’re simply trying to find an easier way to clean – Geaux Maids of Lafayette is your go-to cleaning company! We provide a wide variety of cleaning services, and our professional cleaners deliver them flawlessly to each client!
Take your family on a lovely tour around the Vermilionville Historic Village, while we take care of cleaning. You can rest assured that your home will be in good hands. Give us a call, and schedule your initial appointment!