The question of how frequently a home should be cleaned has been preying on homeowners’ minds for as long as traditional homes themselves have existed. There’s still no definitive answer. While there are general guidelines that apply to most people, every house cleaning in Baton Rouge differs depending on the home itself and the people who live in it.
In this article, we’ll shed light on some of the common questions people have about how often their homes should be cleaned. Keep reading to learn more.
How often should you clean your house?
The vast majority of homes should ideally be cleaned twice a week. This prevents dust, dirt, and germs from building up, and clears any clutter before it can become unmanageable. In a pitch, a single weekly cleaning can do, but it’s not recommended.
That being said, no two homes are quite the same, and there are various factors that affect how often your house actually needs to be cleaned.
These factors include:
- Where the home is located, because some areas attract more dirt and will therefore need to be cleaned more frequently. For instance, forest cottages get a lot more mud, fallen leaves, and insects than suburban houses do.
- Whether you have pets will have a huge effect on how often you have to remove loose hairs or tidy up the clutter the pets create.
- Size of the home is a big variable. Naturally, a one-room apartment will need less time to be cleaned than a house the size of the Baton Rouge Gallery will. Because large houses can’t realistically be completely cleaned in one day, you may have to clean them more often.
- People’s habits are another crucial factor. Residents who are inherently less tidy will create more clutter, which will call for more frequent cleanings.
Should you clean your house everyday?
In most cases, the answer to this question is: no. However, some people suffer from chronic conditions, such as allergies and asthma, that require them to stay in a clean environment that doesn’t contain any substances that negatively affect them.
For these people, daily cleanings may indeed be necessary in order to make their homes pleasant to live in. As for the majority of homeowners, a little tidying up every day can be a great way to make your weekly cleanings a lot easier.
Just remember that using a standard cleaning checklist professionals use, and knowing how to quickly clean your home and whether you should vacuum or dust first, will ultimately have a lot more effect on how clean your house is.
How often should a house be deep cleaned?
A deep (or spring) cleaning is an especially-thorough type of cleaning that uses powerhouse cleaning supplies and advanced cleaning techniques to remove deeply ingrained dirt that standard cleanings cannot remove.
Deep cleaning normally includes:
- Moving large furniture and appliances so you can clean under and behind them.
- Cleaning furniture undersides.
- Disinfecting and polishing sinks, faucets, toilets, bathtub, etc.
- Cleaning inside windows.
- Polishing windows.
- Emptying appliances such as the fridge and the oven, and cleaning them inside and out.
- Washing carpets, curtains, shower curtains, and so on.
- Removing showerheads, and cleaning and disinfecting them.
- Cleaning and disinfecting doors and door handles.
Trusted organizations, such as the American Cleaning Institute, advise homeowners to deep clean their homes at least two or three times each year.
Who provides unparalleled house cleaning in Baton Rouge?
Geaux Maids of Baton Rouge is at your service! Between our effortless online scheduling, our absolute satisfaction guarantee, and our insistence on working only with first-rate cleaners that we vetted ourselves, we are uniquely positioned to give you the finest cleanings in Louisiana.
Book a cleaning today and see for yourself why we’re the best!