Dogs are truly wonderful animals. They are incredibly cute, they shower us with unconditional love, and even tiny breeds will rush headlong into danger to protect us. A dog is more than just a pet: it’s a bona fide family member that you love with all your heart.
Unlike your other family members, however, dogs constantly shed large amounts of hair that tends to get everywhere if left unchecked. Luckily, keeping your home spotless even if you have a dog isn’t as difficult as you may think.
In this article, we’ll tell you how to deal with dog hairs during regular home cleaning in Baton Rouge and, more importantly, how to minimize the amount of cleaning you need to do. Keep reading to learn more.
How do you keep hardwood floors clean with dogs?
Prevent dog hair buildup by:
- Trimming your dog’s hair. You can either do this yourself with a dog hair clipper, or take your dog to a professional dog hair salon,
- Regularly grooming the dog. Give your dog frequent baths and use a first-rate brush to remove loose fur. This has the added bonus of giving you more bonding time with your dog,
- Dealing with fleas ASAP. Not only are fleas extremely uncomfortable for your dog, they will cause it to scratch itself often, which will result in more hair being shed,
- Buying quality dog food. Top-notch dog food contains a lot of protein that improves the quality of your dog’s fur. This reduces shedding and also makes your dog’s coat look richer.
Clean dog hair off of hardwood floors by:
- Getting a hardwood floor attachment for you vacuum cleaner. This will eliminate most hair and can be used with a lightweight vacuum cleaner for daily cleaning,
- Using a damp mop is a great idea because it picks up dog hair like nobody’s business. Just be careful not to use too much water because it may damage the hardwood in the long run,
- Buying a microfiber duster. This tool picks up dog hair as effectively as the mop does and is even easier to use.
How do you keep carpets clean with dogs?
First off, you must train your dogs not to chew the carpets or lie on them. A doggy bed is an ideal solution, because it keeps your dog comfy without forcing you to spend more time cleaning.
If you have a dog, keep your carpets clean by:
- Cleaning the dog’s paws as soon as they enter the house after a walk,
- Regularly bathing and grooming your dog,
- Using a pet-friendly carpet cleaning product,
- Vacuuming your carpets a few times a week,
- Using baking soda to remove doggy odors from the carpet,
- Trimming your dog’s nails to prevent them from scratching the carpet.
How do you keep your house clean with a dog and a baby?
By giving your place two standard cleanings a week and also vacuuming every couple of days. This may sound excessive, but it’s necessary to ensure you, your child, and your pet remain clean and healthy.
You probably don’t have the time to do all this if you’re also employed full-time, so you may want to consider outsourcing your house cleaning to a reputable maid service. This is a great way to get both an expertly-cleaned home and some much-needed leisure time.
Where can I book a superb home cleaning in Baton Rouge?
Here at Geaux Maids of Baton Rouge, we pride ourselves on our status as the leading cleaning company in Louisiana. Our maids will gladly give your place a first-in-class cleaning while you take your dog for a pleasant walk through the Independence Park Botanic Gardens.
We offer many advantages, including a 100% satisfaction guarantee, super-fast online scheduling form, and fair and transparent pricing. Get in touch with us today.