An oven is one of the most used kitchen appliances and therefore it is bound to get dirty. Ovens often trap grease and some food particles; this might cause some health problem if the oven is not cleaned always. Cleaning an oven also preserves the oven and make it last longer. Thus, you will be saving yourself a lot of money by investing into good oven cleaners. You need a practical guide to cleaning your oven to make it stand out. Here are some handful tips that will help you.
Baking Soda and Vinegar
Cleaners made with baking soda and vinegar are perfect for cleaning the oven because they are green cleaning solutions. This ensures that these cleaners will not be harsh on your oven and also on your skin. Since the oven is used in cooking, cleaners made with toxic chemicals should not be used in washing it. Here is a simple guide to clean your oven.
- Firstly, remove everything in the oven including the oven racks, thermometer, and pizza stone.
- Mix a half-cup of baking soda and three spoons of water to make a baking soda paste.
- Coat the entire part of your oven with the baking soda paste but avoid the heating elements. Try to ensure that the coating is done thoroughly; you might need rubber gloves in case the oven is filthy, and leave the coated oven to stand for at least 12 hours.
- Clean your oven racks by washing it in hot water and with detergents.
- When the 12 hours elapse, wipe out the baking soda paste on the oven and remove the dough with plastic.
- In case the baking soda is still in the oven, spray vinegar on the areas to make the soda foam.
- Repeat the wiping process and spraying of vinegar until all the soda is removed.
- Put back your oven rack.
Things you need for the cleaning process:
- Baking soda
- Rubber gloves
- White vinegar.
- Spray bottle
You can call or contact Show Me Dust Bunnies for further ideas on cleaning your oven and other parts of your home. We can help you keep your home.