When it comes to social gatherings, few things are as fun as a good house party. They give everyone an opportunity to kick back, have a drink or two, and enjoy themselves in a more intimate and relaxed environment then they’d find at a club or a bar.
If you’re hosting a party, ensuring your place is clean before the guests arrive is a must if you want to make them feel comfortable and to leave a good impression. After all, nobody wishes to spend an evening in a dirty, cluttered home.
Whether you opt to hire a professional housekeeper in Baton Rouge, or to perform the cleaning yourself, there are a few party-cleaning essentials you should consider before you start cleaning. Read on to learn more.
How do I prepare my house for a party?
As with any social gathering, a party requires a certain amount of planning. You’ll also need someone to baby or dog sit while you clean so you can fully focus on the task at hand. After all, a birthday party for kids isn’t the same as a birthday party for adults. Likewise, a dinner party needs to be set up in a different way than a get-together that includes dancing and loud music.
It’s a good idea to do the following:
- Rearrange the furniture. Don’t forget to move the furniture out of the way to give children enough space to play in. Same goes if your guests like to dance or if you’re inviting lots of people.
- Cover the carpet and put the rugs away. You don’t want your guests walking all over your expensive rugs or carpet in their shoes, or spilling their drinks and snacks on them. Worse, dancing on a carpet can cause it to slide and may result in someone tripping and falling.
- Make music readily available. Set your sound system in a way that makes it easy for your guests to play their favorite songs. If you’re worried someone might increase the volume too much, check out your sound system’s user manual. Chances are, there are ways to limit how high the volume can go.
- Put fragile items and electronics away. Unless you’re inviting only a handful of guests, don’t leave your laptops, tablets, game consoles, vases, and other delicate items on shelves and tabletops. People will be putting their drinks there, and may end up accidentally spilling them or knocking something on the floor.
How do you clean your house before the guests arrive?
Cleaning your place for a party is similar to performing a standard cleaning, but with a more focused approach. Since your guests will probably be confined to a few key areas of your home (living room, kitchen, downstairs bathroom, etc.), you’ll need to make sure those areas are spotless.
A reliable party cleaning checklist includes:
- Vacuum and mop the floors,
- Dust and wipe all shelves, tabletops, and counters,
- Wash and clean all glassware, especially wine and shot glasses,
- Put on fresh table sheets,
- Clean the light fixtures,
- Remove cobwebs,
- Remove all clutter (clothes, toys, etc.),
- Thoroughly air the place,
- Clean and polish all faucets, toilet bowls, and sinks your guests will be using,
- Clean the windows,
- Clean the inside of your fridge.
Where can I hire a superb housekeeper in Baton Rouge?
So what do you do if you can’t spare the time to properly prepare your home for a party? Or what if you’d rather just spend that time enjoying yourself at the Raising Cane’s River Center? Here at Geaux Maids of Baton Rouge, we say: no problem!
As the first-in-class cleaning company in Baton Rouge, we have the experience, the know-how, and the supplies necessary to render an outstanding cleaning that will impress your guests and make you proud of your home. Book our services today!