- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Additional Disclosures for California Residents
These additional disclosures for California residents apply only to individuals who reside in California. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to know, delete and opt out, and requires business collecting or disclosing Personal Information to provide notice of rights California residents have and can exercise.
California Notice of Collection. We have collected some or all information corresponding to the following categories of information enumerated in the CCPA.
- Identifiers, which may include name, address, email address, account name, Social Security Number, IP address – and an ID number assigned to your account.
- Customer records, which may include phone number, billing address, credit or debit card information, employment or education information.
- Demographic information, which may include age or gender. This category includes pieces of Personal Information that also qualify as protected classification characteristics under other pre-existing California or federal laws.
- Analytics and Advertising, which may include purchases and engagement with the Services.
- Internet activity, which may include history of visiting and interacting with our Service, browser type, browser language and other information collected automatically.
- Geolocation data, which may include location enabled services such as WiFi and GPS.
- Inferences, which may include information about your interests and preferences.
For more information on what we collect, including the sources we receive information from, review the section on information collection. We collect and use these categories of Personal Information for the business purposes described in the section on information collection, including to provide and manage our Services.
Geaux Maids does not generally sell information as the term “sell” is traditionally understood. However, to the extent “sale” under the CCPA is interpreted to include advertising technology activities such as those disclosed in the Use of Information section as a “sale,” we will comply with applicable law as to such activity.
Geaux Maids discloses the following categories of information for commercial purposes:
- Commercial Information;
- Demographic Data;
- Location Data;
- Inferences; and
- Internet activity.
We use and partner with different types of entities to assist with our daily operations and manage our Service. Please review the section on information sharing for more detail about the parties we share information with.
Right to Know and Delete. If you are a California resident, you have the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
- The categories of Personal Information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was disclosed for a business person or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Information; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
In addition, you have the right to delete the Personal Information we have collected from you. However, this is not an absolute right and Geaux Maids may have legal grounds for keeping such data.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 14 days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
Authorized Agent. You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right to non-discriminatory treatment by us, should you exercise any of your rights.
Shine the Light. Customers who are residents of California may request info: a list of the categories of Personal Information disclosed by us to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes, and (ii) a list of the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such information. To exercise a request, please contact us at email@example.com . Requests must include “California Shine the Light Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity and are only required to respond to requests once during any calendar year. Please note that Geaux Maids is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided email address or mail address.