Cleanliness has never been more important, especially in places of accommodation with high traffic. That’s why Airbnb hosts need to follow the five-step cleaning process established by Airbnb and ensure their and their clients’ safety.
To make your accommodation clean and safe, you can rely on some of the dependable companies in Baton Rouge, LA, that offer comprehensive Airbnb cleaning services. You can also follow the five-step cleaning process on your own and have your accommodation safe and ready for the next client in no time. Check out the following list to help you on your way!
What is Airbnb’s 5-step cleaning process?
The five steps of Airbnb’s cleaning process include preparing, cleaning, sanitizing, checking and resetting. Take a look at a detailed list for each step:
Before you start preparing, there is a certain length of time to wait from the moment when a guest leaves until you enter the accommodation. Usually, this time period should be 24 hours, but if that’s not possible, it’s recommended to wait for at least 3 hours.
It’s important to make the necessary preparations for your own safety and for an efficient cleaning. These are the points to include:
- Air the rooms before and while you clean.
- Have the proper cleaning supplies at hand.
- Check the safety guidelines for your cleaning products.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Put on protective equipment before you enter.
- Take all the garbage out.
- Collect all the linens.
- Unplug any appliances before cleaning.
This is the phase where you remove dirt and germs from all the surfaces including:
- Washing dishes and emptying the dishwasher.
- Washing the linens.
- Dusting and vacuuming or sweeping.
- Using soap and water to clean hard surfaces.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning soft surfaces.
At this point you need to use chemicals to reduce or eliminate bacteria and germs. It is required to sanitize high-touch zones such as light switches, door knobs, and cabinets. The process goes as follows:
- Spray cleaned hard surfaces with disinfectant.
- Let the chemical stay as specified on the product label.
- Allow the chemical to air-dry.
Make sure to follow your cleaning checklist as you go room by room. Focus on:
- Ensuring all high-touch areas were sanitized.
- Checking if there is anything to be restocked, replaced or refilled.
The final step is important in preventing cross-contamination. Once all the previous steps have been completed, make sure to:
- Wash the cleaning supplies and throw away the disposables.
- Empty and clean the vacuum cleaner.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Visually inspect the rooms.
- Prepare cleaning supplies available to your guests.
- Restock any cleaning supplies.
What is Airbnb’s enhanced cleaning protocol?
The enhanced cleaning protocol is required for all hosts and it includes additional cleaning tasks to help suppress the spread of COVID-19. Apart from cleaning and sanitizing, the protocol also requires wearing a mask and keeping distance. After a host has committed to the enhanced protocol, a highlight will be visible on their listings so that guests can take notice.
Where in Baton Rouge, LA, to book reliable Airbnb cleaning?
If you are pondering the idea of hiring a professional company to clean your accommodation in Baton Rouge, LA, then reach out to Geaux Mades of Baton Rouge. With the excellent Airbnb cleaning service that we offer, our professional and trustworthy cleaners can efficiently make your rental clean and ready for the next guest, while you pay a visit to the Louisiana Art and Science Museum. Reach out to us!