Under normal circumstances, the living room is where most of us relax during weekends and rest after arriving home from work. The coronavirus pandemic has turned all that on its head: living rooms are now where we spend most of our days!
So much time spent indoors has the effect of increasing the dirt and clutter buildup throughout our homes, but especially in our living rooms. Since keeping your place pristine and germ-free is a crucial step in combating the spread of COVID-19, this means you’ll need to apply extra elbow grease when cleaning your house or have a trusted cleaning service in Metairie do it for you.
In an effort to help you keep your living room clean and your loved ones safe, we prepared some easy-to-follow tips on how to give your living room a good scrubbing. Keep reading to learn more.
What is the easiest way to clean your living room?
Like most other areas in your house, such as your kitchen or bathroom, your living room should be given a standard cleaning on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. However, you may need to clean or at least declutter it more often than that if you have pets or energetic children.
The easiest way to clean your living room is to minimize the amount of dirt buildup by:
- Adopting good decluttering habits, such as always putting the dishes in the dishwasher after you’re done eating, having designated storage areas for different items, and so on.
- Training your pets not to jump on furniture. This will reduce the amount of animal hair you have to pick up and keep your furry friends from scratching the furniture.
- Putting trash cans everywhere. Trash cans are cheap, come in a million different sizes and colors, and greatly reduce the amount of discarded food wrappings, used tissues, old newspapers, and other waste in any room they’re in.
What are the steps in cleaning your living room?
Cleaning your living room isn’t much different from cleaning your bedroom or your hallways: you’ll just be dealing with a lot more clutter.
Here’s how to clean your living room:
- Step #1: Declutter by picking up and storing all the toys, clothes, magazines, dirty dishes and other items that just shouldn’t be there.
- Step #2: Grab a few clean microfiber cloths, dampen them with soap and water (or a universal household cleaner), and wipe down all surfaces to remove dust and everyday stains. Start with topmost areas and make your way down to the lowest ones. Replace microfiber cloths as they get dirty. Wash the windows and polish the mirrors if necessary.
- Step #3: Get your vacuum cleaner and carefully vacuum the floor and any carpets or rugs you might have. Once that’s done, put on the upholstery attachment on your vacuum cleaner and give your furniture and curtains a good vacuuming as well.
- Step #4: Fill a bucket with water and add a capful of an appropriate floor cleaner (eg., hardwood cleaner for hardwood floors, linoleum cleaner for linoleum, etc.), and mop the floors.
- Step #5: If you have pets, this is a great time to go over your furniture and gather any remaining hairs.
Where can I book the premier cleaning service in Metairie?
Whether you need to have your bathroom thoroughly cleaned or your living room deep cleaned, you can’t go wrong by reaching out to Geaux Maids of Metairie. We’re a premium provider of top-quality residential, commercial, move in/out, and post-construction cleaning services with a long list of happy customers.
Book your cleaning today and enjoy a relaxing afternoon with your loved ones at the Lafreniere Park while we make sure your home is truly pristine.